If you are following the diet section please read in date order starting from Jan 01, 2012.

Thursday, January 26, 2012



Three days ago, I was given a tomato. It was very little colored, more pink than tomato colored.
I placed it in the plant room with the struggling pepper plants. Tomato was rotated every 12 hours, until today.
I have just finished slicing into a very red and delicious tomato. Well worth waiting for and it brought with it reminders of the healthy, good tasting foods not too far off.
Three years ago, this tomato would have rotted in the drawer in my fridge. I would never have enjoyed it since I wouldn't have looked for something fresh to eat.
The closest I came to a tomato was half a pizza. Yes pizza is yummy and healthy. No pizza is not one of the food groups and you cannot eat it daily.
I gave up bagels. I did not give up pizza. I have relocated pizza. It is a no more than once a month treat. When I eat it, I enjoy it.
Any food I eat, I enjoy now. If I feel guilty eating something, then I evaluate why. I stop eating and return to the labels. I read the nutritional values. I determine the food's location: in the good column or the NO! column?
I have developed my anything goes rule. One free bite. Of anything (but a bagel). One bite. After that one free bite, I have to pay. Not with money! Calories are costly. They go in the Bank of Hips and it is very hard to undo that damage.
Are you having trouble joining me?
Is it hard for you to get started?
Don't know where to start?
Add don't subtract.
Don't suffer.
You need to eat not starve.
How to add?
I keep saying add protein. How?
Take 7 empty, disposable 16 oz. water bottles. (You drank all the water yesterday and set them out to dry)
Line them up with a funnel in the first one.
Add a scoop of whey protein powder to each bottle. (I prefer vanilla flavored).
Cap 6 of the bottles.
The 7th bottle is for now.
Add 2 inches of warm, not hot, water. Cap it and shake vigorously to completely dissolve powder.
Now add flavor.
My bottles get Crystal Light. I like the strawberry/banana. Each botttle gets half of a packet before storing. That means I have dissolved this already and just need to add cold water.
Do you like Creamsicles? Add orange juice or other low cal orange drink. I know somebody that uses cranberry juice since she needs to drink it.
Experiment- you have a week's worth of protein drink to try. Every day, early in your day, drink your protein. Make sure you remember to eat 4 hours later.
If you have your protein early for breakfast, try a Greek yogurt for lunch. Fruit goes great with yogurt.
Have a great and healthy day!