If you are following the diet section please read in date order starting from Jan 01, 2012.

Saturday, January 7, 2012


Did you think I had abandoned you? Not true at all. I gave you a lot to think about last time. I hope you reread all that information!!
The very first days of my dieting changes were very simple. I worked at drinking the water. I set out 6 of those 16 oz water bottles each morning. I had to work hard at all that liquid.
I gave myself credit for my coffee, but gave up the diet cokes.
I slowly started to lose weight. I also began to feel a little better.
There was a required appointment for a nutritionist already scheduled. I saw her. She weighed me and asked what I eat. She did not believe how little I actually ate. I invented some snacks and gorging episodes for her charts to make her happy. It was a better interview that way. She thought she was helping me as she told me how to stop eating things that I really didn't eat.
I was honest about my daily breakfast. I was very good and ate just a bagel with cream cheese.
WHAT? No more bagels? Why? Too many carbs?
I told her she was crazy and left. The next morning I ate a donut with my bagel. An hour later I had something else for a second breakfast.
Maybe she was right? Maybe those early morning carbs were really making me hungry. I substituted a protein bar for the bagel and was satisfied till lunchtime.
I still have a protein bar every morning with my coffee.

Think about what you eat during the first 3 hours of your day. Try to move your foods around so that you start with proteins. If you won't give up your bagel (or its cousin), try having it for lunch with something else like a grilled chicken breast.