If you are following the diet section please read in date order starting from Jan 01, 2012.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012


One Day at a Time.
Remember that.
This is your life and you need to take control of it.
I haven't said it before but I don't care how you do this- in other words if you like Weight Watchers or Jenny or Herbalife, that is ok. Get started any way you choose.
I want you to keep going. That is what we are doing here.
Life changes.
It is important to journal your foods (index cards) so that you are aware of when and what you eat.
We have eating problems. Food goes in and it isn't doing the right job. We need to fix that.
It is important to drink water. This is the truth and not just something weightloss centers think up so they can fill your poor, empty, tummy with something other that pizza.
Keep track of your liquids and waters on those index card food journals.
One meal a day is starvation. You have tried that diet, haven't you? It didn't work or you wouldn't be reading this now. Fasts are fine for a day. Actually, mini fasts are fine for a day. They can be used to kick start your weightloss when you have hit a plateau. A fast means focusing on no food for a day and finishing with a particular meal. Maybe a cabbage soup. This will cause you to lose water weight but not real weight.
Food needs to be stretched out over the day. You can try 6 mini meals a day and adjust it to what works for you.
You never want to be hungry. Hungry sabotages your plans. Protein will keep away the hungries. Eating before you feel hungry also keeps you winning.
I have told you before that I do not want you to give up anything. Yet, I want you to abandon the wrong choices.
Let's start your day with a protein drink such as Slimfast (my lazy choice). I use this one because it has protein and vitamins along with a taste I can tolerate. The price is also reasonable. Have a banana or other fruit, also.
An hour or two later, I have my coffee and a protein bar such as the ones made by Atkins or Zone. I choose a high protein low calorie one.
Lunch is next. How about tuna? Or hard boiled eggs? Or the two combined and blended with Hellman's Low Fat Mayo (the one with the green cap)? Add chopped onions and other veggie stuff as you prefer. This is not a time for a sandwich. Use your fork. I have invented many ways of eating this such as rolling spoonfuls in a lettuce leaf for mini wraps or using cucumber slices like crackers.
Another meal in a few hours. Greek yogurt. Any flavor, any amount. Have some fruit like strawberries or blueberries.
Dinner. You know the things we have been taught to eat but just make sure it is high on the protein and low on the fats, calories, carbs. My favorite is a piece of salmon (on a plate in the microwave covered for 3+/- minutes, season as you prefer), along with a ton of veggies. I cook my veggies in the microwave till the are just not hard anymore. Mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, green beans....I am lazy. I buy precut vegetables! I keep trying new ones. I google what I buy or see and figure out how to use my microwave or crockpot to invent a low cal lazy food.
Late nights can be hard. I pop popcorn in my microwave and sprinkle butter buds (seasonings aisle in supermarket) or garlic salt or spicey stuff on plain popcorn.
My freezer is filled with 25-50 calorie ice pops. I am really bad at the just one plan so I like the low cal ones so I can have 3!
Read the labels. I found individually wrapped string cheese was a controlled quantity of protein.
I like my cheeses. I have low fat swiss cheese that I only buy a small amount (quarter pound) and I have cheese and tomatoes.
I found flatbread by reading labels. I spread peanut butter on it. I read the labels and found the Healthy Choice brand was not as healthy as my favorite brand!
Have you been keeping track of my calories? My proteins?
Anytime I am hungry I always have my protein powder drink available. Simple mixture using vanilla flavored whey protein powder (Designer Whey) and any sugar free drink such as Crystal Light.
Plan out your food for tomorrow. Keep track of your numbers and make sure you won't be hungry.
You CAN do this. Let's.